Al urjoonul qadeem of Ramadan 1437: July 3, 2016 (Sunday):
On right is the old Crescent Moon (End of Ramadan 1437 AH), on Sunday, July 3, 2016 (not the new moon to start Shawwal).
this waning moon is 34.4 hours before new, seen after Fajr in the East. Photo on the right was taken by Br. Mohamed Hussain of Palayamkottai, Tirunelveli, India on Sunday, 28th of Ramdhaan 1437 (3rd July 2016) from location - Palayamkottai, Tirunelveli; India (Lat: 08°42'51"N :& Long: 77°44'26"E. Time: 05:40 am IST. The illumination was about 2.5%; the Altitude was 11° & horns were at 4 & 9 positions..
July 4, 2016 (Monday):
- Not Seen: MCW member Mr Syed Shahid Rashid from Mississauga Ontario reported:
Today sunset and moonset were both at 9.03 PM. My kids and I tried sighting from 8.52 - 9.04 PM. We were not able to sight the moon.
- Not Seen: MCW member Mr HiMY SYeD from Toronto, Ontario reported:
I began Ramadan 2016 with a negative moonsighting from St. John's
Newfoundland, and having travelled across Canada, visiting 30 Canadian
masjids in 30 days as part of my http://30Masjids.ca project, I now
conclude with a Negative moonsighting report for Shawwal on July 4:
On July 4, after Maghrib prayers and basic Iftar I attempted Moonsighting. I walked to Reeson Park on Victoria's Waterfront to get an
unobstructed view of the western horizon. There were low hanging clouds, with an overall clear evening sky.
After searching for about 5 minutes, I confirmed I did not see the new moon.
Alhumdulillah, after praying Maghrib inside Masjid Al-Iman in
Victoria, British Columbia, the Imam informed this congregation that
since majority of Muslim Countries did not see the new moon, Eid
al-Fitr locally on Vancouver Island will be Wednesday July 6 2016.
The BC Muslim Association, Muslim Association of Canada, and every
independent Masjid I know of locally, will also complete 30 Days of
Ramadan and celebrate Eid al Fitr on Wednesday July 6 2016.
- Not Seen: MCW member Mr Nuh ibn Zbigniew Gondek from Ottawa Ontario reported:
Local Sunset time for Ottawa, Canada (45°25'N / 75°42'W ) on July 5 2016 was 8:53 pm. I was unable to see the new moon of Shawwal due to a 3% waxing crescent and a thin cloud cover in the SW horizon. That said, the Council of Imams of Ottawa-Gatineau has officially announced that the first of Shawwal will the be Wednesday, July 6, 2016.
- Not Seen: MCW member Mr Fuad Musa from Santiago reported:
Also not seen in Brazil and Argentina reported by Br. Fuad Musa from Santiago, Chile. He reported his group tried to observe the Hilaal for Shawwal 1437 AH at the beach but was not successful. He stated that the Hilaal was not observed in the Center and North of Chile. He communicated with the Sheikh/Imam from the Masjid in Sao Paulo (who saw the Hilaal for the start of Ramadan 1437 AH) and the Hilaal for Shawwal 1437 AH was not seen by the Sheikh and others from the Muslim Community in Sao Paulo. Br. Fuad Musa also communicated with Aregntina for Shawwal 1437 AH Hilaal observation and he reported the Hilaal was not seen. Accordingly, the Hilaal for Shawwal 1437 AH was not observed in Rose Hall Town Guyana, Chile, Brazil and Argentina, South America, hence Eid Ul Fitir Inshallah will be on Wednesday, 6th July, 2016.
- Not Seen: MCW member Dr Musa·Minhai from Linxia Gansu Province reported:
On monday, July, 4, 2016, in Linxia city, sunset time was 20:27, I and thirty-two Imams tried to sight the Crescent from 20:30 to 20:50 with a binoculars and a telescope. But the moon was not sighted.
- Not Seen: MCW member Ibrahim Herrera from Bogota reported:
Moon of Shawwal not seen due to low probabilities and cloudy sky. We are still waiting for any positive report in the pacific or the caribbean in our continent. Otherwise shawwal 1st will be on Wednesday 6th of July.
- Not Seen: MCW member Mr Malik Salifu Shaban from Garu Bawku reported:
The moon for Shawal 1437 has not been sighted here in Garu in the Upper East Region of Ghana today 4th July 2016, though the weather is clear. We started looking for the crecent from 6:00-6:40 local time but no moon was seen. Therefore Ramadan will be completed tomorrow 5th july 2016.
- Not Seen: MCW member Dr Muhammad Hafiz from Rose Hall Town, Berbice reported:
The members of Rose Hall Town Masjid, Guyana tried to observe the Hilaal on Monday 4th July, 2016 for Shawwal 1437 AH after sunset. Observation was made impossible due to extreme rainy conditions.
- Not Seen: MCW member Mr Jaffar Suleiman Mosheh from Mombasa reported:
Today in Mombasa town the crescent moon was not seen and the skies were clear. There was no report that has reached me concerning anyone who has seen the moon either in Mombasa or it's environs.
- Not Seen (But can be seen in South America by telescope): Mr Salam El-Mousawi reported:
The Juristic Office at the Institution of His Eminence, the late Religious Authority, Sayyed Muhammad Hussein Fadlullah (ra), issued a statement in which it declared that Tuesday, July 05, 2016 is the first of the month of Shawwal, hence Eid Al-Fitr.
Following is the text of the statement:
The astronomical data reveal that the new crescent (central conjunction) for the month of Shawwal 1437 H. will be born on Monday, July 04, 2016 A.D. at 11:01 a.m. (GMT) that is, at 14:01 p.m. Beirut time. It is impossible to sight it by the naked eye in any place in the world, except for the Polynesian islands. It can be sighted by the aid of telescopes in several regions of South America, such as Argentine, Bolivia, Chile and some Brazilian cities, and according to the jurisprudential opinion of the late Sayyed Fadlullah (ra), it is established that the new month has started, for it is enough to sight the crescent, even if by the aid of telescopes in any region in the world, provided that the other regions share a part of the night with the regions of sighting to maintain that the new month is established there too.
- Not Seen: MCW member Dr Nuri Alfasi reported:
The Ifta authority of Libya in the capital Tripoli made an official announcement that the crescent was not seen though out Libya, therefore Tuesday 5th July will be the 30th day of Ramadan and Eid will be in sha Allah on Wed 6th July 2016.
- Not Seen: MCW member Mr Zaki Afifi from Seremban reported:
Sighting was tried on 4th July 2016, and was negative at all locations in Malaysia. As such, Malaysia will complete 30 days of ramadhan on 5th July 2016 and and will celebrate eid on 6th July 2016.
Below is the official announcement by the authority in Malay language.
“Bagi menyempurnakan titah perintah Seri Paduka Baginda Yang di-Pertuan Agong, setelah diperkenankan oleh Duli-duli Yang Maha Mulia Raja-raja, maka adalah dengan ini saya mengisytiharkan bahawa tarikh Hari Raya Puasa bagi Negeri-negeri seluruh Malaysia telah ditetapkan pada hari Rabu, 6 hb. Julai 2016.”
it is hereby declared that the date for Eidul Fitr for states throughout the country have been set on Wednesday , 6th . July 2016. "
- Not Seen: MCW member Dr Ismaila I. Ahmed from Osi, Kwara State reported:
Crescent of Shawwal could not be sighted in Ilorin, and generally in Nigeria. Hence, the authority has announced the continuation of Ramadhan fasting on Tuesday. Therefore Eld-Fitr comes on Wednesday 06/07/2015 in Nigeria.
- Not Seen: MCW member Mr Gabriel Jairodín Riaza from Madrid reported:
Announced: Islamic Commission of Spain, announces that Wednesday, 6 July 2016, is the first day of Shawwal 1437 and Eid ul-Fitr.
- Not Seen but based on calculations: MCW member Mr Muhammed Cevad Turan from Intanbul reported:
The Office of the Presidency of Religious Affairs (Diyanet) officially announced that the first day of Shawwal is on July 5, 2016 (Based on Calculations which show that it can be sighted by the aid of telescopes in several regions of South America, such as Argentine, Bolivia, Chile and some Brazilian cities. According to the jurisprudential opinion of Religious Affairs of Turkey, these regions share a part of the night with Turkey.)
Independent Ahl-Sunnah and Shia Jamaats confirmed that 5th of July is 30th of Ramadhan and Eid-al Fitr will be on Wednesday.
- Not Seen: MCW member Mr Golam Sarowar from Jackson Heights, NY reported:
The moon was not seen for Shawwal 1437 on July 4, 2016 in Jackson Heights, New York. It was cloudy in the sky.
- Not Seen: MCW member Mr Sayyed S Rahman from Jamaica NY reported:
The moon for Shawal 1437 has not been sighted in the Jamaica New York. The sky was cloudy. Today sunset time : 8:30pm and Moon set : 8:33pm. Insha- Allah we are celebrate Eid-ul Fitr on Wednesday 6th July 2016.
- Not Seen: MCW member Mr Hamid Quraishi Imam Islamic Center of Winona (ICW) Winona MN reported:
On July 4, the weather in Winona was partly cloudy. It was very difficult to sight the Shawwal moon. ICW will be completing 30 days of Ramadan and will be celebrating Eid-ul-Fitr on July 06, 2016.
- Not Seen: MCW member Mr Khalil Homafar from Houston TX reported:
On Monday 4th of July 2016, the Shawal Crescent was not sighted in Houston Texas. The sky was almost clear.
Therefore, Tuesday July 5th is the 30th of Ramadan and Eid will be on Wednesday July 6th 2016
- Not Seen: Miss Shagufta Saiyed from San Diego CA reported:
We were s team of about ten adults including s Mufti Sahab trying to sight the moon on Mount Laguna, San Diego, CA. The moon was not sighted. The visibility was good with a perfectly clear sky.
- Not Seen: MCW member Mr Mirza Shahid Basravi from Anaheim Hills CA reported:
On Monday, July 4th, 2016. I went to a high summit in Anaheim Hills CA, looking down to the western horizon. I had my 10 x 50 binoculars and the coordinates of the Moon and the Sun from Mooncalc. I was unable to sight the Moon, as expected, since according to Mooncalc program, the Moon was only 2.3 degrees above the horizon at sunset. And moonset was only 14 minutes after sunset.
- Not Seen: Mr Seyed Shahram from Burbank CA reported:
I live in Burbank California zip 91335. I was on top of a 6 story building and was not able to sight the crescent of the moon. Sky was clear and I looked toward West by sunset. The sunset was at 2009 hrs and I was looking till 2040 hrs. I wear glasses that brings my eye sight to 20/20. I also used my camera lense and didn't see the moon. I am 53 years old and hold an M. D. degree.
July 5, 2016 (Tuesday):
- Not Seen: MCW member Engr Manzoor A Mian from Melbourne, VIC reported:
No sighting in Victoria today Tuesday, 5/7/16 as it is raining since morning and will continue until tomorrow as per weather prediction. Brisbane is also raining. Only sighting possibility is Darwin. I will update you in 5 hr if it is sighted in Darwin.
- Seen: MCW member Mr Abbas Aly from Annangrove NSW reported:
Moon sighted across Sydney around 5.36 pm. Seen in Dural and many places.
- Seen: MCW member Mr Abul Qasim Rizvi, Imam Panjtan Society of Victoria from Caroline Springs Melbourne reported: On July 5, moon was sighted in Sydney. Sky was clear in sydney and Melbourne. It was partly cloudy in Brisbane
We have received evidence of sighting from above places. Inshallah tomorrow 6th July Wednesday will be Eid Ul Fitr.
- Seen: MCW member Engr Manzoor A Mian from Melbourne, VIC reported:
Sighted in Brisbane too at Perkins St Park, Calamvale today Tuesday 5/7/16, so Eid in Australia is tomorrow Wednesday 6/7/16.
- Seen: MCW member Dr Shabbir Ahmed, The president of Al- Tadhkeer Society, Sydney, NSW reported:
The Hilaal of SHAWWAAL has been sighted in many suburbs across Sydney. The weather conditions were clear. The month of SHAWWAAL will commence from Wednesday, the 6th of July, 2016.
- Seen: MCW member Mr Moussa Khalife from Sydney, NSW reported:
Today is Tuesday 5th of July 2016. The moon was sighted in Sydney today by me and few people from 5:25 pm to 5:35 pm
The weather was clear at this time and the crescent was very thin. So 1st shawwal (eid al fitr) is Tomorrow Wednesday 6th of July 2016.
- Not Seen: MCW member Engr. Azizul Huq from Dhaka reported:
To day, 5th July the sky was cloudy from morning with heavy shower time to time. At Magrib prayer time I checked the Western sky from 12 storied building top before and after prayer. But there was no visibility. So I could not see the moon. Later Islamic foundation of Bangladesh also announced that without visibility there will be 30 days fasting and Eid will be on 7th July Thursday.
- Seen in Neighboring country : MCW member Mr Mohammed Patel from Jama Masjid in Bridgetown reported:
Today, Tuesday 5th July, 2016. Crescent not visible locally due to hazy conditions but SEEN in neighboring country of Guyana.
Therefore we had 29 days of Ramadhan. Insha'Allah the 1st of Shawwal will be on Wednesday 6th July,2016.
- Not Seen: MCW member Mr Muhammad Sohail from Iquique reported:
In chile today is 30th of Ramadan. So Eid is tomorrow, Wednesday, July 6, 2016.
- Not Seen: MCW member Dr Musa·Minhai from Linxia Gansu Province reported:
On Tuesday, July, 5, 2016, in Linxia city, sunset time was 20:28,moonset time was 20:52.The sky was clear. I and ten Imames tried to sight the Crescent from 20:30 to 20:55 with a binoculars and a telescope,(Lat: 35°47'50"N :& Long: 103°37'30"E ). But the moon was not sighted.
- Not Seen: MCW member Dr Hisham M. Hamed from Cairo reported:
This time I decided to observe the Crescent from the Shooting club, a Western suburb of Giza. This location is 160m above sea level, about 100m higher than Giza (proper). Visibility in Giza was excellent. Here, it even more so. The view was perfect. I started my attempt at 7:15pm. I expected the Crescent at 4° altitude around 7:20pm. Despite perfect visibility, I could not see it. Nor did any of my companions.
Temperature 33°, pressure 1005 mbar, Humidity 40%.
- Fiji Islands:
- Seen: Mr M. Shamim Ali, from Fiji reported:
On July 5, moon was sighted in various parts of Fiji. This is confirmation of New Moon sighting for Shawwal 1437H.
- Seen in other cities: MCW member Mr Baba Abdulai from Tamale reported:
Date of sighting effort; Tuesday July 5, 2016. In Tamale there was heavy rain in some areas, leading to cloudy condition.
However, the crescent was SEEN BY OTHERS in many locations (e.g. Bole, Babatokuma, Kintampo, Jema and many more).
- Not Seen: MCW member Mr Yusuf Idara from New Delhi reported:
Today Tuesday 05-July-2016 = 29-Ramadan-1437 Hijri, I, Yusuf Idara & my family tried to see the moon at my home from 07:25 pm to 07:45 pm but moon was not sighted because Horizon was too cloudy.
- Not Seen: Mr Abdunnafi Qasimi from Tamilnadu reported:
On July 5, Tuesday, the moon was not sighted. Tamilnadu Qazi Janab Salahudeen Ayyubi declared that Eid will be on Thursday, July 7, 2016.
- Not Seen: MCW member Mr Molvi Iqbalhusen Bokda from Godhra, Gujrat reported:
Moon for Eidul Fitr was not seen here in Godhra today on Tuesday 29th Ramadan (5th July, 2016). Sky was cloudy. Hilal committees of Delhi, Patna, Mumbai, Bhopal, Ahmedabad and almost all commitees (except Kerala that follows Saudi and Kashmir that follows Pakistan) have declared that moon was not sighted so Eid would be celebrated on Thursday, July 7, 2016.
- Not Seen: MCW member Dr Mohd Arshi Sayyed from Dehradun reported:
Dehradun Shaher Qazi Maulana Mohd Ahmed Qasmi has announced tomorrow will be the first day of Shawwal. Hence Eid Ul Fitr is on 7th July 2016.
- Seen: MCW member Mr Ahmad I. Adjie from Bandung reported:
SEEN BY NAKED EYE IN MANY PLACES: The Hilal for Shawwal 1437 was SEEN by naked eye throughout Indonesia on 5 July 2016 after Maghrib. Notably from:
- Bintang Musir Beach, Ketapang, West Borneo -- by Muhammad Aan Subhasyah et al, clear skies thus long sighting experience.
- Juwiring, Klaten, Central Java -- by Alfa (8 yr old), confirmed by telephoto took by his father, before dissaperaing behind clouds.
- Ciburial Village, North Bandung, West Java -- by myself and Madihah Bajri, short sighting due to clouds closing in on to the Hilal.
- Watoe Dakhon Observatory both by telescope then naked eye, Ponorogo, East Java -- by Ahmad Junaidi et al. Sightied from 17:40 to 17:50 UTC +7.
- and many more
- Seen: MCW member Mr Ishaq Zunaedi from Tangerang Selatan, Banten reported:
On July 5, 2016 Hilal was SEEN in many places across Indonesia.
- Seen: Mr Imran Ismail from Tanjung Pinang, Indonesia reported:
I sighted the hilal on July 5 very clearly just about 15 minutes after sunset. The Indonesian government has anounced that Eid is tomorrow 6th July.
- Seen in other cities: MCW member Mr Ali Mohamed from Mombasa reported:
Today, July 5 = 29th Ramadhan 1437 hijrah, the crescent of shawwal was not sighted because Horizon was too cloudy. But seen successfully in other cities of Kenya. The Chief Kadhi of Kenya Has Official Announced that the 1st of shawwal 1437 hijrah will be on Wednesday 6th July 2016.
- Seen in other cities: MCW member Mr Jaffar Suleiman Mosheh from Mombasa reported:
I tried to search for the moon but due to poor visibility I was not able to see the crescent. In Mombasa Island and it's environs I have not received reports of sighting. However the chief Kadhi of Kenya has declared tomorrow 06th of July 2016 as the first day of Shawwal after receiving reports from the Kadhi-II of Wajir town, Abdullahi Abdiwahab Mursal that the crescent moon was sighted in Wajir town.
- Seen in other cities: MCW member Mr Mahmood Essa from Mombasa reported:
I tried to look for the Shawwal crescent this evening but it was not visible. However, it was visible in other parts of Kenya, so Insha'Allaah, tomorrow 6th of July is our first day of Shawwal.
- Seen: MCW member Mr Hussain Khushaish from Kuwait reported:
On July 5, in Kuwait aut Kabad desert I was able to see the moon first with 20x60 binocular at about 20 minutes after sunset, then with naked eyes after that. Fortunately the weather changed to less haze today, it was only one degree above horizon. 7 out of 50 only could see the crescent with naked eyes , 45 or all most all the attendents saw the crescent with the Binocular. Eid Mobarak
- Seen: MCW member Mr Nissar Ahmad Ramtoola from Port Louis reported:
The new moon has been easily sighted in Mauritius in different localities today Tuesday 5 July 2016. Hence Eid Ul Fitr (1st day Shawwal 1437) will be on Wednesday 6 July 2016. Sky was clear. Earliest reported visibilty was at 17.54 from Bain des Dames.
- Seen: MCW member Mr Zakaria Guelzim from Rabat reported:
I tried to observe the new moon of shawal in Rabat, Morocco after the maghrib of Tuesday 29 Ramadan corresponding to 5th July 2016 but the sky was too cloudy. In a statement, the Ministry of Habous and Islamic Affairs of Morocco specified that the observation of the lunar crescent of the month of Shawal 1437 AH, was confirmed, in the evening of Tuesday, 29 Ramadan, 1437 AH corresponding to July 5th, 2016. So, adds the statement, the 1st of Shawal 1437 AH corresponds to Wednesday, July 6th, 2016
- Seen: MCW member Mr Khalid Chraibi from Casablanca reported:
The Moroccan authorities have announced this evening Tuesday July 5 that the new moon had been observed. Therefore eid el fitr is to take place on Wednesday July 6. Regards.
- Seen: Mr Adamo Cassamo from Maputo reported:
Alhamdulillah the moon was sighted in Mozambique on July 5, Tuesday, and July 6, 2016 (Wednesday) will be 1st of Shawwal and Eid day.
- New Zealand:
- Seen: FIANZ Hilal Committee from New Zealand reported:
On July 5, hilal was seen in New Zealand.
- Seen: Dr Wajid Hussain from Palmerston North New Zealand reported:
Moon is been sighted in New Zealand and tomorrow Wednesday 6 July 2016 will be the first day of Shawal.
- Not Seen: MCW member Captain Tahir Gul Hasan from Lahore reported:
LOCATION: Tuesday 05 July 2016, at Lahore, Pakistan
CONCLUSION: Crescent was NOT SEEN for Shawwal 1437 A.H.
OBSERVATION TIME: 19:25 to 19:50 PST
Azimuth scanned: 287 degrees (4.5 degrees above the horizon)
WEATHER: dust haze over the horizon, overhead the sky was clear, 37 Celsius, humidity 60% RH
SUNSET: 19:11 PST
MOONSET: 19:50 PST
- Not Seen: MCW member Mr Rizwan Shah from Gujrat reported:
Today 5 July 2016, 29th Ramazan our whole family tried to sight the moon but none of us sighted the moon. Still
Waiting for offical annoucement from moonsighting committee of pakistan.
- Seen in other cities: Dr Ismail Dehwar from Pringabad, Pakistan reported:
The "SHAWAL" 1437 moon sighted today, July 5, Tuesday at 08:10 pm (PST) latitude 29.87943293 : longitude 66.861293333 :
Many persons witness moon sighting SHAHDAH religiously. Traditionally here people do open fire on moon sighting, from surroundings in the Pringabad village fire sounds are excecivly listened. I personally can't see due to eye sight problem. On various private channels of the country it is coming that various persons sighted moon in various cities Lahore, Multan Gojjer Khan Bannu and few areas of Sind provinve through country. It has not been officially announced by the RAWET-E-HILAL COMMITTEE OF PAKISTAN yet. Now it has been announced by a local TV "ARY" that flight # NL 144 flying from Karachi to Lahore, on board pilot announced that on left side SHAWAL MOON CAN EASILY BE SIGHTED, 150 + passengers sighted the moon. If it will be announced later on "EID-UL-FITER 1437 will be celebrate on 6th July 2016 Wednesday.
- Seen in other cities: MCW member Dr Shafqat Qamar from Rawalpindi reported:
On July 5, Tuesday, the moon has been sighted in Pakistan declared by Central Moon Sighting Committee, in Lahore Pakistan
- Seen in other cities: MCW member Mr Muhammad Tahir from Faisalabad reported:
On July 5, Moon has been sighted in many parts of country but we have not seen it in Faisalabad Area of Pakistan. however it was sighted in Gwadr, zob, Jahnian, Multan, Lahore, Sheikhupura, Queta, Kallat and other areas. Moon sighting has been verified and announced by Central Roit-e-hilal committee of Pakistan.
- South Africa:
- Seen: MWaheed Amanjee from Shelly Beach, Port Shepstone, South Africa reported:
On July 5, Tuesday, the Eid moon has been sighted in Shelly Beach, Port Shepstone, South Africa shortly after Maghrib salaah.
Eid will be Wednesday, 6 July 2016. It was seen by Waheed Amanjee, Imran Amanjee, Ismail Paraze and many other locals.
- Seen: MCW member Mr Yasin Puertas from Melilla reported:
Today, 29 of the Month of Ramadan and July 5, effort was made by me and Dr. Borrás in the Spanish city of Melilla, to see the Moon of Shawal. The moon WAS sighted, at 21:52 right above the horizon, therefore the start of the month of SHAWAL and Eid al Fitr will be WEDNESDAY the 6th of July 2016.
- Sri Lanka:
- Seen: MCW member Mr Mohamed Shakir from Galle reported:
Today 29th Ramadhan 1437 hijrah, the crescent of shawwal was not seen in my city due to cloudy weather. But seen successfully in other cities of country, as announced by All Ceylon Jam’iyathul Ulama (ACJU). Therefore the 1st of shawwal 1437 hijrah will be on Wednesday 6th July 2016.
- Seen: MCW member Mr Nular Bary from Colombo reported:
Today 29th. of Ramadan (05/07 2016) evening the western sky was clear and the New Moon was sighted in many places in Sri Lanka. Hence The Colombo Grand Mosque Hilall committee declared to the Muslims of Sri Lanka to start the month of Shawwal 1437H tomorrow Wednesday 6th. July 2016.
- Seen: MCW member Mr Abdurrrahman Razeen from Colombo reported:
Today July 5, 2016 AD = 29th Ramadan, 1437AH is the sighting day for the month of Shawwal. I was in Colombo Grand Mosque.
The prediction of the astronomers = Easily visible for naked eye.
The crescent was sighted 20 minutes after Sunset right round the country i.e., North,,East,West of Srilanka.
Hence it was decided to end the proceeding month 29day's and to start the month of Shawwal on July 6, 2016 by the president C.G.M.H.C.
M.Riyadh (Baari) along with A.C.J.U.and M.R.C.A.
- Seen: MCW member Mr Hamza Rijal from Tiny Island of Zanzibar reported:
The Hilal of Shawaal has been sighted in number of places in tiny island of Zanzibar on 5th July 2016 therefore 6th July 2016 has been declared officially as the 1st of Shawal, 1437 AH.
- Trinidad and Tobago:
- Not Seen but seen in region: MCW member Umar Abdullah from Bon Accord, Tobago reported:
The crescent moon to commence the month of Ramadaan 1437 AH was looked for after the sunset of Tuesday 5th July 2016. Reports from all committees locally and regional confirm that the moon was SIGHTED. We have accepted these reports and has declared that the month of Shawal 1437 AH will complete 29 days and the 1st night of Shawal 1437 AH will be the night of Tuesday 5th July 2016 and the first day of Shawal 1437 AH will be Wednesday 6th June 2016. Location: lat: 10 35 long: 61 21: Time of Sunset: 6.30pm: Time of first appearance of the crescent: 06.43pm
Pressure: 1013.5: Temperature: 30.5 °C: Relative humidity: 31.2%
- Not Seen but seen in Guyana : MCW member Mr Ishmael Khan from Princes Town, Trinidad reported:
We were unable to confirm actually sighting of the moon locally due to bad weather conditions. However, the moon was sighted regionally, in this case Guyana. This is accepted in Trinidad and Tobago. Today is the first day of Shawwal 1437. May Allah have mercies on us all.
- Not Seen: MCW member Mr Mohammad Ramtoola from Preston reported:
Moon not sighted in Preston, UK today. Sky was cloudy with an open window on the horizon where sunset. There was only about 20 mins between sunset and moonset. Local mosques are doing Eid tomorrow Wednesday 6th July based on sighting in many other countries.
- Not seen in UK, but Seen in Morocco and other Islamic Countries: MCW member Mr Saraj Qazi from Luton, Bedfordshire reported:
Markazi Jamat Ahle Sunnat U.K. announces Alhamdulillah to positive sighting in Morocco and other Islamic countries of the world on July 5. The first of Shawwal and Eid Ul Fitr is tomorrow on Wednesday 6th July 2016.
- Seen: MCW member Mr Mohamedraza H.Janmohamed from Sanford FL reported:
The Moonsighting Sub-committee wishes to inform the community that the new crescent has been sighted in Orlando, FL., as well as in other cities across the USA, on Tuesday and therefore, EID-UL-FITR, the 1st Day of Mahe Shawwal, 1437 AH is established as WEDNESDAY, JULY 6TH, 2016.
- Seen: MCW member Mr Khalil Homafar from Houston TX reported:
On Tuesday 5th of July 2016, the Shawwal Crescent has been sighted by me and a few members of our community in Houston Texas at 8:48 pm. The sky was partly cloudy. The crescent horns in clockwise direction was from almost 1 to 7 . Wednesday July 6th is Eid ul Fitr
Visibility: 10 mi Pressure: 29.99" Hg Humidity: 67% Dew Point: 75 °F Temp 87 °F.
- Seen: Mr Sajeed Ahmed from Canton, MI reported:
Alhumdulillah, we are able site new moon today July 5th 9:20 pm from our home in Canton, MI with family.
- Seen: MCW member Dr Javad Torabinejad from Blacksburg VA reported:
This evening (Tuesday, July 05), the crescent moon was sighted in Blacksburg, VA (Lat: 37° 15' 40" N, Lng: 80° 26' 56" W, and elevation: 646 meters). I arrived at my sighting location (the Blacksburg Middle School) at 8:21 pm EDT. Using a pair of binoculars (7X50), I started scanning the partly cloudy and hazy western horizon. My first binocular sighting was at 8:23 pm (sunset: 8:45 pm). Immediately after, I saw the very thin crescent with naked eyes. The horns were at 2:00 and 6:00 O'clock (2:00;4:00;6:00). At 8:26, I saw Venus with the aid of the binoculars. It was rather difficult to see Venus with naked eyes even at 8:40 pm when I thought I could see it (difficult to say that I saw it, however). After the initial moon and Venus sightings and prior to 8:40 pm, I left the location for another place to take better pictures. I stayed in the second location till 9:16 pm when the moon was still 2-3 degrees above horizon (moonset: 9:40 pm). At 8:35 pm, the temperature, dew point, relative humidity, and pressure were 77.4 F, 70.5 F, 79%, and 30.03 in, respectively.
- Seen: Mr S. Mohammad Naeem from Fuullerton CA reported:
New moon is sighted today at 8 35 pm on July 5th 2016 in the city of Fullerton California by me and my wife it was with little difficulty when the sunset was at 8:05 pm. The horns of the moon were from 1 to 7, and sky was little hazy. The humidity was 69% and visibility was 11 mile.
- Seen: MCW member Mr Mirza Shahid Basravi from Irvine CA reported:
I was able to see the moon from just walking out of my house. I was able to see the moon quite easily today, July 5 right from my neighborhood, in Irvine California. I had extracted the necessary coordinates of the moon and the sun for today and when I applied those to the sky, it was extremely easy to spot the new crescent. I first spotted the new crescent at 8:01 PM with my 10 x 50 binocular’s. Then by 8:03 PM I was able to see it with my regular glasses. Sunset in Irvine California was at 8:04 PM. The tips of the new crescent were pointing to words 1 o’clock and 7 o’clock on the imaginary clock in the sky. I stayed around at the sighting area to take a few pictures.
- Seen: MCW member Moulana Imtiyaz Husain Misbahi Azhari Imam of Masjid Noor-e-Muhammadi Lusaka reported:
I would like to inform you that I, with many other brothers sighted the new moon of the month of SHAWWAL on Tuesday 5 july. So Wednesday 6 july would be 1st Shawwal.
- Seen: MCW member Mr Ayub Mahomed from Harare reported:
On July 5, Tuesday, the moon was sighted in Zimbabwe. Eidul fitra will be on Wednesday 6th July inshallah.